More News
AVIATION | Staff Reporter, Singapore
view(s)

ST Engineering forms joint venture with SatixFy UK

Both aim to boost broadband connectivity experience for in-flight passengers.

Singapore Technologies Engineering Ltd (ST Engineering) announced that its electronics arms Singapore Technologies Electronics Limited (ST Electronics) has signed a joint venture agreement with communication technology provider SatixFy UK Limited (SatixFy UK) through its subsidiary ST Electronics (Satcom & Sensor Systems) Pte. Ltd.

ST Electronics’ planned investment of $26m is for a 49% stake in the joint venture company (JVCo), whilst the remaining 51% is for SatixFy UK.

Further, ST Electronics plans to boost broadband connectivity for in-flight passengers by developing state-of-the-art satellite antenna system.

“This technology will enable seamless and simultaneous communications with multiple satellites, at higher performance, lower SWAP (Size, Weight and Power) and significantly lower cost than existing solutions. In addition to providing enhanced broadband connectivity experience for in-flight passengers, the technology will improve operational efficiencies of commercial and business airline operators,” ST Engineering said.

The JVCo will be set up in the UK.
 

Do you know more about this story? Contact us anonymously through this link.

Click here to learn about advertising, content sponsorship, events & rountables, custom media solutions, whitepaper writing, sales leads or eDM opportunities with us.

To get a media kit and information on advertising or sponsoring click here.