News
AVIATION | Staff Reporter, Singapore
view(s)

SIA Engineering to form airframe maintenance JV with Airbus

It’s the first of its kind for SIAEC.

SIA Engineering is about to land a big fish collaboration as it plans to form a joint venture (JV) with aircraft giant Airbus, entailing SIAEC to provide airframe maintenance, cabin upgrade and modification services for Airbus A380, A350 and A330 aircraft to airlines in Asia-Pacific and beyond.

According to a press release by SIA Engineering, the joint venture marks the first collaboration with a major aircraft manufacturer for airframe maintenance.

Under the agreement, the release said SIAEC will hold a 65% stake in the JV, with Airbus holding the remaining 35%.

“The joint venture combines SIAEC’s extensive maintenance experience with Airbus’ technical expertise as an airframe original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Airbus will develop the joint venture as its Centre of Excellence for Airbus A380 and A350 Heavy Maintenance in Asia, which will strengthen SIAEC’s extensive airframe service offerings in Singapore and the Philippines,” the press release said.

Do you know more about this story? Contact us anonymously through this link.

Click here to learn about advertising, content sponsorship, events & rountables, custom media solutions, whitepaper writing, sales leads or eDM opportunities with us.

To get a media kit and information on advertising or sponsoring click here.