Singapore Business Review is holding a luncheon panelist meeting following the success of the 20 hottest startups to watch in 2014 list.
Singapore Business Review's Hottest startups list is now on its third year and the market response has been overwhelming. We have been getting some very useful feedback since the 20 startups to watch in 2014 list was released this February.
The list featured up-and-coming companies since 2010 which were able to make their business flourish from from initial funding that ranges from $47,500 to $9M. Some were spin-off companies from top local universities while a few were co-founded by expatriates.
Come and join with us over lunch on April 16, 2014 from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM at Intercontinental Singapore. Meet the founders of these interesting startups and discuss with us some pressing issues in the industry.
Topics of discussion include (but not limited to) the following:
1. What are interesting trends of new startups in SEA?
2. How does Singapore startup scene fare compared with regional peers?
3. What is the implication of the growing startup ecosystem in Singapore (e.g. BLK 71 as a startup community, mentor network, Founder Institute, co-working spaces).
4. Is Singapore the next Silicon Valley?
- John Fearon, Founder, GHX
- Mike Holt, CEO, ConnectedHealth
- Grace Sai, Co-Founder, The Hub Singapore
- Chia Ling Koh, Partner, ATMD Bird & Bird LLP
1. How to scale a startup business without going overseas?
2. How to master the art of raising funds from the seed stage to VC stage?
3. You didn’t manage to raise the expected funds, what should you do? Is your startup dead? can bootstrapping be a winning option too?
4. Does raising millions make your startup a success? What are the new challenges after raising?
5. How is the fundraising situation in Singapore (e.g. government grants vs private investors in seed funding round, number of series A funds)
7. What are modalities of investment in Singapore corporate structure?
- Eric Tachibana, Founder & Managing Director, eXtropia Holdings
- Jack Wang, Director, Lexico Holdings
- Marcus Chow, Partner, ATMD Bird & Bird LLP
- Pieter Kemps, Principal, Business Development & Venture Capital, APAC - Amazon Web Services
Session 3: Winning Strategies
1. Should founders step down for full-time CEOs?
2. How can startups win the war for talents?
3. How to find the right business partner?
4. Online marketing - where to start, where to stop, what works, what doesn't?
5. How to build your team and internal culture?
6. How to refine your strategy, value proposition and the move to monetisation?
- Craig Hewett, Co-founder & Chief Commercial Officer, Wego Pte Ltd
- Cole Sirucek, Co-Founder & Chairman, DocDoc
- Adelina Peltea, VP of Marketing, TradeGecko
1. Recruiting new customers in e-commerce: what are the available options on the market? is the lead generation marketing a viable option in Singapore?
2. What is the future of e-commerce?
- Roger Egan, Founder, RedMart
- Renée Lodens, Founder & Managing Director, Travelshopa
- Nicole Fall, CEO, Asian Consumer Intelligence
- Alexia Sichere, Founder & Managing Director, Foxysales
Passes cost SG$95 each so register now as we have limited seats available.
This event is supported by: Singapore Startup Club, The Hub Singapore, YoungUpstart, Startup Jobs, SiTF 123Jumpstart, E27, PrimeTime, Plug-in @ Blk71 & Spring Singapore.
Confirmed attendees from:
Acceval Pte Ltd
Amazon Web Services
Asian Consumer Intelligence
ATMD Bird & Bird