Singapore Business Review is proud to bring back Singapore’s definitive event for the country's most successful startups.
Get the chance to meet and network with the founders of the startups which made the cut for SBR’s 20 Hottest Startups to Watch in 2015 list.
Singapore Business Review is proud to launch this year’s 20 Hottest Startups of 2015 Panel Briefing following the immense success of last year’s 20 Hottest Startups of 2014 Panel Briefing.
Singapore Business Review’s Hottest Startups Panel Briefing, now on its third year, has become the standard for Singapore’s booming start up scene.
Come and join with us on 15 April 2015, Wednesday from 8:30 AM to 1:00 PM at Intercontinental Singapore.
This year's discussion will cover (but not limited to):
Session 1: Scaling Startups in Asia
- What is involved in a startup scaling?
- How to avoid premature scaling: The Do’s and Don’t’s of Rapid scaling for startups
- The rising costs of scaling a startup
- Scale up versus scale out: SaaS startups in Asia, why it's such a huge opportunity
- John Fearon, Co-founder, Sugar Ventures
- Pieter Walraven, Co-founder and CPO, Pie
- Florian Cornu, Co-founder, SaaS Business Asia
- Clement Wong, Founder and CEO, BeMyGuest
- Eric Saint-Andre, Founder, ASA Advisory Services
Session 2: Startup Business Strategies
- Striking Strategic Partnerships
- How can disruptive startups work in partnership with incumbents to benefit all parties?
- How can Singapore startups bridge the gap between developed and emerging markets?
- How can Singapore startups compete for employees in a labour restricted market?
- Strategy for Core Products Vs Diversification
- Lean startups and innovation
- Henry Wong, Chairman, Diamond TechVentures
- Martin Nygate, Founder & CEO, Gentay Communications
- Abhinav Krishna, Founder, OurHealthMate
- Scott Montgomery, CEO, Globetrekker Challenge
- Chip Wilcox, CEO, Temasys
Session 3: Startup Investment Strategies
- Why strategic investors are becoming the main exit option for Singapore start ups, and how to attract them.
- Availability of Series A and Series B capital
- Investment terms compared to Silicon Valley (NRF and local investors often impose far more onerous term sheets)
- John Tan, Partner, 8capita
- Andreas Birnik, Co-founder and CEO, CreoPop
- Slava Solonitsyn, Managing Partner, HaxAsia
- Michael Lints, Venture Partner, Golden Gate Ventures
Session 4: Tech Revolution in the Payments Space
- Implications of a number of new payment methods like mobile POS, mobile wallets are coming into the market
- What are the opportunities and challenges
- Anshul Gupta, Co-founder and CFO, TabSquare
- Vince Tallent, Chairman and CEO, Fastacash
- Benjamin Gilby, Senior Business Leader - Emerging Payments, Solutions Management, Asia Pacific, MasterCard
- Ravi Patel, Co-founder, HomePay
- Naman Shah, Director, BizEquity Asia Pacific
This event is proudly supported by SPRING Singapore, The Hub, Singapore Startup Club, Young Upstarts, SiTF 123Jumpstart, E27, Startup Jobs, Startup Spaze and PrimeTime.
Confirmed attendees from:
- 123Jumpstart - SiTF
- BizEquity Asia Pacific
- CFO Centre Singapore
- CIO Matrix
- Corporate Locators (SEA)
- Diamond TechVentures
- Enercon Systems International
- Food Concepts Group Singapore
- GAC Group
- Gentay Communications
- GEREJE Corporate Finance
- Globetrekker Challenge
- Golden Gate Ventures
- Hub Singapore
- Inspired Production
- Kelaish Electronics
- Kungfu Math
- Legal Solutions LLC
- Lime House Asia
- Moolah Sense
- Panel Place
- Prima Media
- Red Bamboo
- Rockstead Capital