Search

MORE NEWS
HOTELS & TOURISM | Staff Reporter, Singapore
Published: 03 Jun 13
575 views


Yoma Strategic Holdings completes acquisition of Myanmar tourism businesses

Including $10.7m purchase of SLTG.

In a disclosure to the Singapore Exchange, the Board of Directors of Yoma Strategic Holdings informed its shareholders that Chindwin Holdings Pte. Ltd. (CHPL), which is 70% held by the Company and 30% held by First Myanmar Investment Co., Ltd, a subsidiary of Serge Pun & Associates (Myanmar) Limited (SPA), has on 1 June 2013, completed the following acquisitions relating to the tourism business in Myanmar.

First is for Shwe Lay Ta Gun Travels and Tours Company Limited (SLTG) SLTG is a Myanmar company which owns and operates the “Balloons Over Bagan” business in Bagan, Myanmar. CHPL effectively controls 75% interest in SLTG. Ms Khin Omar Win holds the remaining 25% interest in SLTG. The total acquisition price is US$10,700,000.

The second is for Eastern Safaris Pte. Ltd. (ESPL) ESPL is a Singapore company which offers exclusive and luxurious adventure products in Myanmar and Bhutan. CHPL holds 75% interest in ESPL. Mr Brett Melzer holds the remaining 25% interest in ESPL. The total acquisition price is US$100,000.

Pursuant to the abovementioned acquisitions, the Company effectively holds 52.5% interest in SLTG and ESPL. Both Ms Khin Omar Win and Mr Brett Melzer have been appointed as Co-Heads (Luxury Tourism And Travel Division) of the Group. Template announcements on their appointments will be made separately.

Ms Khin Omar Win has granted a 5-year call option over 75% interest in the Bagan Land free from all encumbrances in the event that the land use of the Bagan Land is converted into “other use purposes” and has obtained the proper Myanmar legal status for the construction and operation of a hotel business on the Bagan Land in accordance with the Farmland Law 2012.

The Call Option Price is US$3,750,000 and this amount shall be set off against Ms Khin Omar Win’s 25% pro rata future contributions to the construction cost of any hotel to be constructed on the Bagan Land.

The Company will be using proceeds raised through the private placement exercise that was completed in November 2012 to fund the Company’s 70% share of the abovementioned acquisitions. 



Sign up for our newsletter

 

Do you know more about this story? Contact us anonymously through this link.

Click here to learn about advertising, content sponsorship, events & rountables, custom media solutions, whitepaper writing, sales leads or eDM opportunities with us.

To get a media kit and information on advertising or sponsoring click here.

Tags: Yoma Strategic Holdings, more news, hotels & tourism, acquisitions, Myanmar. CHPL, SLTG, ESPL

CO-WRITTEN ARTICLES & SPONSOR CONTENT ››

What you need to know about E-access services.
442 views

Creative Genius Asia shares why businessmen should consider producing films and television shows in the US.
351 views

PacificLight CEO Yu Tat Ming says efficiency is key ingredient.
307 views

The 18-year-old company has proven its customer-centric philosophy.
358 views

PRINT ISSUE »

Subscribe Now
Trains, planes, automobiles and drones

141 views

As goes Hong Kong, so goes Singapore?

1222 views

Office property shows no signs of a slowdown

334 views

MOST READ EXCLUSIVES

Singapore’s 20 most influential 40 and under lawyers

Singapore’s 20 most influential 40 and under lawyers

Check out who made our cut.

by KRISANA GALLEZO
15 Aug 2014 | 149468 views
 

Singapore’s 18 MBA programmes under $30,000

Singapore’s 18 MBA programmes under $30,000

The cheapest is at SGD15,000.

by KRISANA GALLEZO
17 Jun 2014 | 113860 views

9 most expensive credit cards in Singapore

9 most expensive credit cards in Singapore

The most premium requires $150,000 annual income.

by KRISANA GALLEZO
21 Jul 2014 | 103900 views
 

Singapore’s 10 most expensive MBA Programmes

Singapore’s 10 most expensive MBA Programmes

The costliest is being offered at over $100,000.

by KRISANA GALLEZO
26 Jun 2014 | 83180 views

13 most exclusive credit cards in Singapore

13 most exclusive credit cards in Singapore

Some of which you’ve probably not heard of.

by KRISANA GALLEZO
27 Aug 2014 | 75045 views
 

Singapore’s 10 hottest 40 and under restaurateurs

Singapore’s 10 hottest 40 and under restaurateurs

The list includes a restaurateur as young as 27.

by KRISANA GALLEZO
3 Jul 2014 | 40071 views

Singapore’s 8 hot new restaurants in June

Singapore’s 8 hot new restaurants in June

Have you dropped by to check them out?

by KRISANA GALLEZO
3 Jul 2014 | 23885 views
 

Singapore's 8 hot new restaurants in July

Singapore\'s 8 hot new restaurants in July

More Singapore openings from famous restaurants in Asia.

by KRISANA GALLEZO
4 Aug 2014 | 18374 views

20 most preferred hotels of Singapore travelers in Asia

20 most preferred hotels of Singapore travelers in Asia

Hotels in Thailand dominate the list.

by KRISANA GALLEZO
12 Aug 2014 | 17417 views
 

Pratt & Whitney Singapore office makes you feel like you’re in the outer space

Pratt & Whitney Singapore office makes you feel like you’re in the outer space

Take a sneak peek.

by KRISANA GALLEZO
25 Jun 2014 | 14333 views

Towers Watson Singapore’s Spa Room allows staff to regenerate during lazy hours

Towers Watson Singapore’s Spa Room allows staff to regenerate during lazy hours

Also, check out awesome photos of redesigned meeting rooms and clubhouse.

by KRISANA GALLEZO
9 Jul 2014 | 10628 views
 

Have you been to The Providore Warehouse yet?

Have you been to The Providore Warehouse yet?

Check out some photos inside.

by KRISANA GALLEZO
1 Sep 2014 | 9087 views

Awesome workplace at 501: How's having a meeting while cuddling a teddy bear?

Awesome workplace at 501: How\'s having a meeting while cuddling a teddy bear?

Also check artistically designed in-house locations for video shoots.

by KRISANA GALLEZO
6 Aug 2014 | 8213 views
 

Singapore’s 8 hot new restaurants in August

Singapore’s 8 hot new restaurants in August

Get a taste of an aromatic broken rice dish without MSG.

by KRISANA GALLEZO
4 Sep 2014 | 6725 views

Check out HSBC’s high-tech flagship branch at Orchard Road

Check out HSBC’s high-tech flagship branch at Orchard Road

It’s digital hub is a star attraction.

by KRISANA GALLEZO
23 Jul 2014 | 5442 views
 

What 3 market leaders can tell you about price comparison sites in Singapore

What 3 market leaders can tell you about price comparison sites in Singapore

Financial price comparison sites face lack of consumer’s confidence.

by KRISANA GALLEZO
10 Jul 2014 | 4616 views

5 craziest things you can't imagine founders would do to make their startup successful

5 craziest things you can\'t imagine founders would do to make their startup successful

Will you jump out of the plane flying at over 15K ft  just to catch a potential client?

by KRISANA GALLEZO
3 Sep 2014 | 3848 views
 

Find out how 3 young men at 20s founded a startup

Find out how 3 young men at 20s founded a startup

At 21, they built a job portal to help young people find their jobs.

by KRISANA GALLEZO
10 Jul 2014 | 3690 views

Three best buddies in their 30s set up 6 Prawns and a Beer

Three best buddies in their 30s set up 6 Prawns and a Beer

Here’s a new food hub at Bukit Timah to enjoy a well-loved seafood with beer.

by KRISANA GALLEZO
12 Aug 2014 | 3661 views
 

The wait is over: Japanese restaurant chain ON-YASAI finally hits Singapore

The wait is over: Japanese restaurant chain ON-YASAI finally hits Singapore

10 to 15 more outlets coming over the next 5 years.

by KRISANA GALLEZO
28 Aug 2014 | 3588 views

No boys allowed: Here’s a coworking space designed for women only

No boys allowed: Here’s a coworking space designed for women only

The office space can be transformed to a large event venue for social nights.

by KRISANA GALLEZO
14 Aug 2014 | 2400 views
 

I bet you’ll cry after watching this: Singaporeans say ‘thank you’ to migrant workers

I bet you’ll cry after watching this: Singaporeans say ‘thank you’ to migrant workers

It has been viewed and shared nearly 425,000 times.

by KRISANA GALLEZO
27 Jun 2014 | 2188 views

DBS added 1000 more staff in 2013

DBS added 1000 more staff in 2013

It topples UOB to become Singapore's second largest commercial bank.

by KRISANA GALLEZO
22 Jul 2014 | 2188 views
 

Haji Lane welcomes a hippy motorcycle cafe

Haji Lane welcomes a hippy motorcycle cafe

It serves all-day brunches with motorcycle merchandise up for grabs.

by KRISANA GALLEZO
28 Jul 2014 | 2096 views

RIP Tiger Mandala: What carrier is next to die?

RIP Tiger Mandala: What carrier is next to die?

See why Singapore based carriers are the least advantaged.

by KRISANA GALLEZO
27 Jun 2014 | 2037 views
 

Have money but don’t know what to do? Call DrWealth

Have money but don’t know what to do? Call DrWealth

It creates Asia’s first online financial planning platform for the masses.

by KRISANA GALLEZO
12 Aug 2014 | 1950 views

The Assembly Ground will choose for you the coffee that best suits you

The Assembly Ground will choose for you  the coffee that best suits you

It’s an Australian concept brought to Singapore.

by KRISANA GALLEZO
18 Jul 2014 | 1870 views
 

Singpost acquires Store House in Hong Kong for $12.2m

Singpost acquires Store House in Hong Kong for $12.2m

Here's how management compares HK's self storage market with Singapore's.

by KRISANA GALLEZO
11 Jul 2014 | 1850 views

Might as well say, what the :pluck?

Might as well say, what the :pluck?

Ann Siang Hill and Club Street welcome a new 45-seat dining enclave.

by KRISANA GALLEZO
26 Jun 2014 | 1809 views
 

KepLand in the spotlight: After Equity Plaza, what's next to sell?

KepLand in the spotlight: After Equity Plaza, what\'s next to sell?

Keppel Land determined to hold its stake in MBFC Tower 3.

by KRISANA GALLEZO
26 Jun 2014 | 1587 views
close Don't Show Again

STAY INFORMED! Get our free weekly newsletter