Thanks to the 15% increase in ETF turnover value.
The total securities market turnover jumped 23% in May to $26.5b.
According to SGX monthly market statistics, securities daily average value was $1.26b, up 11% MoM and 23% YoY.
For Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs), market turnover rose 15% MoM and 33% YoY to $258m. It was a different story for the structured warrants segment, as its market turnover went down 4% MoM and 54% YoY to $1.14b.
Here's more from SGX:
- Total Derivatives volume was 14.73 million, up 9% month-on-month (m-o-m) and up 9% year-on-year (y-o-y).
- Equity Index Futures volume was 11.84 million, up 8% m-o-m and up 7% y-o-y.
- FTSE China A50 Index Futures remained the most active contract with volume of 5.86 million, up 13% m-o-m and up 7% y-o-y.
- SGX Nifty 50 Index Futures volume was 1.8 million, up 11% m-o-m and down 7% y-o-y.
- Nikkei 225 Index Futures volume was 1.54 million, down 6% m-o-m and up 6% y-o-y.
- MSCI Taiwan Index Futures volume was 1.65 million, up 3% m-o-m and up 7% y-o-y.
- MSCI Singapore Index Futures volume was 869,596, up 7% m-o-m and up 30% y-o-y.
- MSCI India Index Futures volume was 15,440, down 16% m-o-m and up 14% y-o-y.
- Total FX Futures volume was 749,143, up 30% m-o-m and up 48% y-o-y.
- SGX INR/USD Futures volume was 632,024, up 30% m-o-m and up 35% y-o-y.
- SGX USD/CNH Futures volume was 106,409, up 37% m-o-m and up 247% y-o-y.
- Value of cleared OTC SGD Interest Rate Swaps was S$10.7 billion, down 40% m-o-m and unchanged y-o-y.
- SGX Commodities Derivatives volume was 1.53 million, up 1% month-on-month (m-o-m) and up 13% year-on-year (y-o-y).
- Iron Ore Derivatives volume was 1.37 million, up 1% m-o-m and up 15% y-o-y.
- Forward Freight Derivatives volume was 32,830, down 13% m-o-m and down 39% y-o-y.
- Volume of SICOM Rubber Futures, the world’s price benchmark for physical rubber, was 108,139, unchanged m-o-m and up 2% y-o-y.
Do you know more about this story? Contact us anonymously through this link.