AVIATION | Staff Reporter, Singapore

SIA Engineering to build 3D printed plane parts

It formed a company with 3D printing firm Stratasys.

SIA Engineering Company Limited (SIAEC) and Stratasys Ltd. (Stratasys) formed a joint venture (JV) company that will provide 3D printed parts for use in commercial aviation.

According to a press release, the firm will be an additive manufacturing service centre.

SIAEC will have a 60% equity stake in the joint venture, with Stratasys holding the remaining 40%.

The JV will offer design, engineering, certification support and part production to customers worldwide including airlines, maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) providers and original equipment manufacturers (OEM).

This joint venture will leverage on additive manufacturing technology to produce plastic aircraft cabin interior parts as well as tooling for MRO providers.

Do you know more about this story? Contact us anonymously through this link.

Click here to learn about advertising, content sponsorship, events & rountables, custom media solutions, whitepaper writing, sales leads or eDM opportunities with us.

To get a media kit and information on advertising or sponsoring click here.