Reporting to the CEO, this position seeks a commercially-focused and senior lawyer who is Singapore-qualified, possess leadership skills and can confidently interact with internal and external stakeholders. Ideally, he / she is familiar with MAS legislation and requirements. Overseeing a small team, he / she is responsible for all legal and regulatory matters for the Group of Companies in the region.
• Manage legal matters of various business entities, including licensing-related issues and regulatory reporting.
• Participate in strategy initiatives for the region.
• Offer legal advice on regional laws and regulations in relation to ongoing operations.
• Closely monitor legal and regulatory developments to provide advice to ensure compliance.
• Advise and manage new / revised Group directives, new / special projects (eg. new business initiatives, products or services, legal developments and regulatory changes).
• Develop, implement and monitor Legal procedures and standards, including updating of Legal policies and procedures in accordance with legal and regulatory developments and internal Group policies.
• Manage internal stakeholders and maintain key internal relationships to foster a positive culture through communications, training and will provide employees with timely and pragmatic advice on day-to-day business issues.
• A recognized Law degree and admitted to the Singapore Bar.
• At least 10 years PQE, with excellent track records as in-house legal counsel in the Financial Services industry.
• Good knowledge of MAS rules / regulations in Singapore
• Solid communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong ability to lead a team and work with multi-functional teams, locally and in the region.
• Able to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Able to travel as required.
Thank you for your application. Only shortlisted candidates shall be notified.