, Singapore
Logo from ST Engineering

ST Engineering, SF Airlines launch $19m aerospace JV in China

The joint venture will provide an MRO facility in Hubei's Ezhou Huahu Airport.

ST Engineering's Commercial Aerospace sector has entered an RMB100m ($19m) joint venture company with SF Airlines in Ezhou, Hubei, China.

ST Engineering will have a 60% stake in the joint venture, and the remaining 40% will be held by the latter.

The joint venture will operate a greenfield airframe maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) facility at the Ezhou Huahu Airport to provide MRO services to cargo and passenger airlines operating in Asia. The facility's first hangar will be ready to use in 2025.

READ MORE: ST Engineering, NTU launch Singapore's first EV park and charge system

Jeffrey Lam, ST Engineering president of commercial aerospace, said that the joint venture's presence in the Chinese province would "enhance our MRO network in Asia to meet and capture the rising regional demand, while our strategic collaboration with an airline partner will enable us to start up a greenfield operation quickly."

Follow the link for more news on

Join Singapore Business Review community
Since you're here...

...there are many ways you can work with us to advertise your company and connect to your customers. Our team can help you dight and create an advertising campaign, in print and digital, on this website and in print magazine.

We can also organize a real life or digital event for you and find thought leader speakers as well as industry leaders, who could be your potential partners, to join the event. We also run some awards programmes which give you an opportunity to be recognized for your achievements during the year and you can join this as a participant or a sponsor.

Let us help you drive your business forward with a good partnership!