,Singapore

Wacker Chemicals South Asia secures win at SBR Management Excellence Awards

Its global team remains connected through virtual get-together events.

Wacker Chemicals South Asia has bagged the COVID Management Initiative of the Year – Manufacturing at the recently concluded SBR Management Excellence Awards 2020.

Now in its 6th year, the awards event lauds individuals, innovators and teams whose initiatives have brought tangible business gains for the success of their companies.

Following the shift from the concrete to the virtual world thanks to the global pandemic, Wacker South Asia’s colleagues from representative offices spanning seven countries – Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam - have been able to reach out to each other and their customers despite the latitudes and longitudes separating them.

The firm introduced internal virtual get-together events to mitigate remote work isolation and feelings of loneliness, and organised a series of successful webinars for its customers and distributors.

“Of course, it is important to stay connected to customers, distributors and other partners, but it’s equally important that our colleagues can keep in touch with each other; social isolation can lead to demotivation and depression,” said Danielle Moore, Managing Director of Wacker South Asia.

“We recognised early on that if colleagues were able to maintain contact between themselves and our customers, they must be provided with the necessary tools and conditions.”

In turn, all of the firm’s staff were provided with laptops, headsets, and where possible, monitors and smartphones.

Headquartered in Munich, Germany, Wacker was founded in 1914. It entered the Asian market in 1983, establishing Wacker Chemicals East Asia in Tokyo, Japan before a counterpart in Singapore was set up a year later.

To date, the firm has over 3,200 products with 24 production sites across 11 countries. Silicone-based products account for 70% of the firm’s sales, whilst primarily ethylene-related products make up the remaining 30%. Their products range from cosmetic powders to solar cells.

Join Singapore Business Review community
Since you're here...

...there are many ways you can work with us to advertise your company and connect to your customers. Our team can help you dight and create an advertising campaign, in print and digital, on this website and in print magazine.

We can also organize a real life or digital event for you and find thought leader speakers as well as industry leaders, who could be your potential partners, to join the event. We also run some awards programmes which give you an opportunity to be recognized for your achievements during the year and you can join this as a participant or a sponsor.

Let us help you drive your business forward with a good partnership!

ARA LOGOS is currently on the 13th spot.
Meanwhile, the demand for petrochemical exports benefitted from this same crisis.
This is expected to speed up the electronic exchange of trade documents.
This is in support of achieving Absolute Zero Carbon by 2040.
Adults will only shop if goods are discounted by at least 48%, survey says.   About 54% of 1,001 Singaporean adults have plans to shop during the Black Friday sales but only if prices of goods are discounted by at least 48%, a survey from Finder.com showed.
This move is in line with its goal to accelerate recommerce growth in SEA.
The notes were released under its $3m Multicurrency Medium Term Note Programme.
Singtel showed the most growth.
Re-exports also saw an increase of 16.4% in the same month.
The marine company apologised to its workers at the dorm.
SG electricity demand peaked at 7,667MW in October 2021.
The two aim to accelerate the progression of AI.
It will focus on sustainable opportunities for companies in Singapore.
Cargo load factor, however, was down by 1.6% YoY to 97.3%.
Despite this, KF pegs their estimated total sales for the year at 13,000 units.