It represents a 10% growth from last year.
The mobile app market in Singapore has grown in the past quarter ending in March, a recent study by App Annie shows.
In Singapore, the average monthly time spent on apps grew 10% to 192 minutes in Q1 2017 compared to Q1 2016. Globally, the time spent on apps surged 25% to 1.7 billion hours for the first quarter.
Meanwhile, 40 apps out of the 99 downloaded are used per month on average. This brings the daily usage to 12 apps per day – slightly higher than the global average of 11 apps.
Here’s more from App Annie:
- Despite WeChat’s dominate position in China, Chinese users still use an average of 11 apps per day;
- Indonesians are spending an average of 221 minutes per day on mobile apps;
- South Korea and Japan still lead in time spent as 25% of their time is used for gaming – over 60 minutes per day.
- A 25% growth in total hours spent between Q1 2016 and Q1 2017;
- On average, over 80% of time spent in apps were spent outside of the country’s top app;
- Apps from the Utility and Tools category are most used due to them being pre-installed. This is followed by Social Networking, Communication and Social apps – these make up the largest category by average apps used.
Do you know more about this story? Contact us anonymously through this link.