Oh, and Android crushed Apple over the last 4 months as the mobile ad market reached 139 mn monthly impressions, increasing by 119 mn from January 2011, according to InMobi’s report.
The Android platform saw a staggering increase of +12.7 share points in ad impressions over January 2011, now serving over 37 million impressions monthly. The findings are part of InMobi’s April 2011 Mobile Insights Report - Singapore Market, the largest monthly report of its kind.
Key Singapore findings include:
• Singapore mobile ad impressions grew by 18% from January to April 2011 on the InMobi network.
• InMobi now serves over 139 million impressions a month in Singapore up over 20 million monthly ad impressions from January 2011.
• Smart phones represent 89% of all impressions in this very advanced mobile market.
• Smart phone share in Singapore is over 2.5 times the Asia average and nearly double the global average.
• Although Apple is still the top platform in Singapore it lost significant share to Android between January and April 2011.
• Android saw a staggering increase of +12.7 share points in ad impressions over January, now serving over 37million impressions monthly
• iPhone OS lost 15.6 share points in just 90 days primarily due to the strength of Android in the market.
• Android & iOS powered devices now represent 4 of every 5 ads in the market, providing an ideal ecosystem for advertisers.
• Despite a decline of 15.6 share points in its share, Apple still maintains the majority of ad impressions in Singapore with 54% market share.
• Manufacturers Samsung with +8.4 sharepts, HTC with +1.5 share pts and Motorola with +2.2 share pts all gained share of ad impressions supporting the Android surge.
• Apple iPhone saw a decline of 17.8share points in its impressions share but remains the single most popular device in Singapore with 47.4% share.
• Beyond the iPhone, fragmentation is clear without any single handset holding more than 6.1% share.
Comments Atul Satija, VP & Managing Director – Asia Pacific at InMobi: “Singapore is one of the most advanced mobile markets in the world. With a country population of 5 million, the 139million monthly impressions served by InMobi are a testament to the country’s mobile potential. It’s not just the reach but also the quality of devices that makes it a truly exciting market for advertisers. The high penetration of smart phones along with a tech-savvy audience allows advertisers to utilise the latest, most sophisticated ad technology to engage consumers.”
Do you know more about this story? Contact us anonymously through this link.