News
AVIATION | Staff Reporter, Singapore
view(s)

SIAEC and GE Aviation form engine overhaul firm

GE will hold 51% of the company whilst SIAEC will hold 49%.

SIA Engineering Company Limited (SIAEC) and GE Aviation (GE) inked a joint venture (JV) agreement to form an engine overhaul firm in Singapore.

According to a press release, GE will hold a 51% equity stake in the joint venture, with SIAEC holding the remaining 49%.

The agreement is subject to regulatory approvals being obtained in the relevant jurisdictions.

The GE90 engine exclusively powers the Boeing 777-300ER and 777-200LR, and the GE9X engine is the sole engine selection for the Boeing 777X aircraft.

The joint venture will leverage practices from GE's "Brilliant Factory" concepts, combining digitisation and data analytics to enhance productivity. 

Do you know more about this story? Contact us anonymously through this link.

Click here to learn about advertising, content sponsorship, events & rountables, custom media solutions, whitepaper writing, sales leads or eDM opportunities with us.

To get a media kit and information on advertising or sponsoring click here.