News
HOTELS & TOURISM, LEISURE & ENTERTAINMENT | Staff Reporter, Singapore
view(s)

Singaporeans spend $1,086 for holiday travels on average: study

Amongst popular destinations are Malaysia, Japan, and Thailand.

Singaporeans looking for an escape through leisure travel spend $1,086 on average, according to aggregator website Picodi. With only 5% saying they do not bother saving on trips, the rest applied their own strategies such as buying tickets in advance (68%) and booking their stay ahead of time (40%).

The study found that Singaporeans opt for longer getaways, with 44% of them saying their trips last around a week. Meanwhile, 30% said that they spend two weeks or more on holidays, and 26% revealed that their trips last less than a week.

In terms of frequency, 34% revealed that they go on holiday once a year, and 45% had the chance to go on vacation twice a year or more frequently. Meanwhile, 21% of respondents said they could catch vacation opportunities less than once a year.

The study found that the most popular countries for Singaporeans as option for travel destinations are Malaysia, Japan, Thailand, Hong Kong, and Australia.
 

Do you know more about this story? Contact us anonymously through this link.

Click here to learn about advertising, content sponsorship, events & rountables, custom media solutions, whitepaper writing, sales leads or eDM opportunities with us.

To get a media kit and information on advertising or sponsoring click here.