News
RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY | Staff Reporter, Singapore
view(s)

The Tapestry sold 70% of units during launch

Early bird average selling price for the 315 units sold is $1,310 psf.

City Developments Limited (CDL) sold 70% or 315 out of the 450 units of The Tapestry during its launch on 24 March.

According to an announcement, all unit types have enjoyed a good take-up rate, particularly the one- and two-bedroom types. Early bird average selling price is $1,310 psf, higher than some analysts' expectations. Typical unit sizes at The Tapestry range from 441 sqft for a one-bedroom to 1,765 sq ft for the largest five-bedroom dual-key with study apartment.

Attractive early-bird prices on the launch weekend started from $596,000 for a one-bedroom, $796,000 for a two-bedroom, $1.15m for a three-bedroom, $1.65m for a four-bedroom, and $2.1m for a five-bedroom dual-key with study apartment. 

The company noted that 76% of the buyers are Singaporeans, whilst the remaining 24% are Permanent Residents and foreigners from Malaysia, China, India, Indonesia and Hong Kong.

CDL group general manager Chia Ngiang Hong said, “With the boost in sentiment for Singapore’s residential market, there has been high anticipation for The Tapestry which is the first premium suburban condominium to be launched in 2018. We are very encouraged by the overwhelming response on our first weekend launch.”

Paralympic swimmer and medallist Theresa Goh, bought a two-bedroom premium unit and plans to reside in it with her parents and four cats. The first-time homeowner said, “Unlike most condominiums, The Tapestry’s unit layout is very well-spaced, which is essential for me to manoeuvre my wheelchair with ease. The 100-metre Infinity Pool is a rare facility and, hopefully, this will encourage my mom to learn swimming. Our family used to live in the East side of Singapore before shifting to the West, so moving into The Tapestry will be a ‘home-coming’ for my parents and I. Besides the ideal location, the attractive pricing is another draw for me.”

Located along Tampines Street 86, The Tapestry is near the Tampines MRT station (Tampines East West Line and Downtown Line (DTL)), Tampines West MRT station (DTL), Tampines bus interchange, Tampines Regional Centre, and newly-completed Our Tampines Hub. It is also a short drive to Changi Airport and Changi Business Park.

The Tapestry also has over 50 facilities including a 100-metre Infinity Pool, 50- metre Lap Pool, 24-hour Gymnasium, Hydrotherapy Pool and Club Tapestry, which comes with extended alfresco area by the Central Lawn and Gourmet Kitchen facilities. Residents will also have exclusive access to a dedicated Residential Services team that offers fee-based services tailored to their lifestyle needs, from private chef services, housekeeping, down to transport arrangements.  

Do you know more about this story? Contact us anonymously through this link.

Click here to learn about advertising, content sponsorship, events & rountables, custom media solutions, whitepaper writing, sales leads or eDM opportunities with us.

To get a media kit and information on advertising or sponsoring click here.