Capitaland Investment launches shares on Singapore Exchange
This is the result of CapitaLand Limited’s restructuring efforts.
CapitaLand Investment (CLI) debuts on the Singapore Exchange after CapitaLand Limited underwent restructuring efforts to form two entities.
CLI will serve as the real estate investment management business, whilst CapitaLand Development will be the privatised property development arm.
CLI has $119b worth of real estate assets under management as of 30 June, with 80% being located in Asia. The entity’s funds under management, meanwhile, are at $83b, which are held by six real estate investment trusts and business trusts and 20 private funds.
CLI Chairman Miguel Ko saw this as another highlight of CLI’s journey. “We remain unwavering in our focus to create long-term shareholder value and enhance our global competitiveness. The ride ahead for CLI is an exciting one, filled with opportunities and potential as more global capital flows into Asia and the market increasingly appreciates the value of Asia-based REIMs."
"Whilst challenges are inevitable, we are confident that the indomitable winning mindset of the ONE CapitaLand ecosystem will set us apart from all our peers. We will continually innovate and thrive amidst adversities, as seen in how we have persevered to complete this major restructuring during and in spite of COVID-19,” Ko said in a press statement.
A leadership team was also put in place with the announcement of the opening. These include the following:
Mr Lee Chee Koon, Group CEO and Executive Non-Independent Director;
- Manohar Khiatani, Senior Executive Director;
- Andrew Lim, Group Chief Financial Officer;
- Jonathan Yap, CEO, Fund Management;
- Kevin Goh, CEO, Lodging;
- Tan Seng Chai, Chief Corporate & People Officer;
- Puah Tze Shyang, CEO, China;
- Gerald Yong, CEO, International;
- Kng Hwee Tin, CEO, China (Finance & Corporate Services) & Capital Markets;
- Lynette Leong, Chief Sustainability Officer;
- Janine Gui, Managing Director, Group Strategic Investment; and
- Michelle Koh, General Counsel
Two new additions will be included with Simon Treacy as CEO of Private Equity Real Estate and Patrick Boocock as CEO of Private Equity Alternative Assets.