Where and when to go? Here's a cheat sheet as international travel returns
Expedia reveals hacks to save on time and money for travel.
Expedia, in partnership with the Airlines Reporting Corporation, released a report containing tips for Singapore travellers on how to save time and money.
This follows the newly announced expansions to the Vaccinated Travel Lanes or VTL.
Revelations from the book show that the sweet spot for pricing is at 21 days. Sunday was also seen as the cheapest day to book flights, as these flights were 20% cheaper than Friday, the most expensive day. Thursday was discovered as the cheapest day to depart, with up to 25% savings compared to Monday, the priciest day.
August was also the most ideal month to travel, as travellers can save almost 40% compared to January, the report revealed.
Photo from Expedia
A cheat sheet for cheaper bookings per country was also included in Expedia's report.
- Bookings to Brunei would be cheaper in April for one way and February for return.
- Tickets to Spain would be cheaper in October for one way and December for return.
- Canada tickets would cost less in April for one way and September or October for return.
- Travel to South Korea would be cheaper in May for one way and July for returns.
- Denmark one way flights would be cheaper in April, whilst May would see cheaper return flights.
- Netherlands, meanwhile, sees cheaper one-way flights in February and the same for return flights in September.
- France would see cheaper one-way flights in August and return flights in March.
- The same could also be said for the UK, which has March as the same period for cheaper one way and return flights.
- Germany has cheaper one-way flights in May, while return flights cost less in February.
- April and September offer lower-priced options for one-way flights for the US, whilst September sees cheaper return flights.
- Italy sees cheaper one-way flights in January, whilst March has cheaper return flights.
Lavinia Rajaram, Asia Head of Communications, Expedia Group Brands, said: “Travelling in the new environment that we live in today means that travellers will have to factor in the additional cost for COVID-19 related procedures. As such, it is now more important than ever to know the best time to book air tickets, in order to reap savings and get more value out of every travel dollar.”
“Every traveller loves great travel hacks, especially one that provides insights into the sweet spot to book travel to enjoy shaving a couple of dollars off your travel spend. The annual ARC and Expedia travel report is a great source of guidance for ardent travellers looking to explore the world in the coming months.”