News
MARKETS & INVESTING, RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY, RETAIL | Staff Reporter, Singapore
view(s)

Daily Briefing: EDBI joins $55.14m funding round for US tech firm; MOH lays out benchmarks fees for surgical procedures in private hospitals

And Kent Ridge Hill Residences sell 46% of units in weekend launch.

From Deal Street Asia:

EDBI backed the $55.14m (US$40m) Series F funding round for US-based digital adoption platform WalkMe as it eyes further expansion in the Asia Pacific.

Financial details of EDBI’s investment were not disclosed but according to an official statement announcing the deal, the Singapore investor “invested a significant amount” in the round led by Insight Venture Partners and Mangrove Capital Partners.

WalkMe said the fresh funding, which brings its total funding to date to $299.80m (US$217.5m) will aid in the company’s goal of further expanding and localising its digital adoption offering in the Asia Pacific market through Singapore.

Commenting on the investment, EDBI CEO and president Chu Swee Yeok said WalkMe provides “an impressive” AI and data analytics-powered engagement platform to help enterprises better adopt digital solutions and improve employee efficiency.

Read more here

From Channel News Asia:

The Ministry of Health (MOH) revealaed the benchmarks on professional fees for patients who opt to do surgical procedures at private hospitals.

The benchmark fees for 222 common surgical procedures, including Caesarean section, heart bypass and knee replacement, are published on the MOH website. They make up more than 85% surgical procedures done in private hospitals on Singaporeans in 2017.

Apart from looking at fees charged by private doctors for more than 200 surgical procedures in 2017, committee chairman Dr Lim Yean Teng said other indicators such as inflation were also taken into consideration.

To ensure that the benchmarks reflect a fair range of professional fees for the procedure, the committee also considered other factors such as the complexity of the procedure and the time, effort and expertise required of the doctor for typical cases, MOH said.

Read more here

From iCompare Loan:

Kent Ridge Hill Residences sold 46% or 116 out of its 250 units released on its official launch from on 10 and 11 November, developer Oxley revealed.
The average price of the units sold was $1,700 psf. 80% of the units sold comprised 1-bedroom/ 1-bedroom + study and 2-bedroom units. The remaining 20% were 3-bedroom units, penthouses and strata houses.

Kent Ridge Hill Residences is a 5-storey residential development at South Buona Vista Road, about 8 minutes’ walk to Pasir Panjang MRT station. It is nestled within a private residential enclave, and on the edge of Kent Ridge Park. It has great accessibility to public transport, and educational and business hubs, and is located close to the 1,000 ha Greater Southern Waterfront site.
Situated on a 319,250 square feet site, Kent Ridge Hill Residences has 548 units, comprising 1 to 3-bedroom apartments, 3-bedroom to 5-bedroom penthouses and 50 strata landed houses. The project also features a wide range of lifestyle facilities.

Read more here.

Photo from icompareloan

Do you know more about this story? Contact us anonymously through this link.

Click here to learn about advertising, content sponsorship, events & rountables, custom media solutions, whitepaper writing, sales leads or eDM opportunities with us.

To get a media kit and information on advertising or sponsoring click here.