, Singapore
139 views

ESG, ecommerce giants roll out Singapore E-Commerce Programme

The initiative will provide 90% support to retailers in domestic markets.

Enterprise Singapore (ESG), Lazada Singapore, Amazon, Qoo10, and Shopee will launch the Singapore E-Commerce Programme, according to an announcement. The programme aims to help small to medium enterprise (SME) retailers who have little or no e-commerce experience to start selling online.

The initiative will support 90% of the cost and additional manpower support for retailers to on-board e-commerce platforms for domestic and/or overseas markets.

Retailers will receive a one-time 90% support on qualifying costs for the fees charged, capped at $9,000 when they sign up as a seller, whilst retailers will only have to pay the remaining 10% of up to $1,000.

Qualifying costs will include content development services, product listing, channel management, e-commerce capability training, advertising and promotion.

Retailers can also reach overseas customers through ESG’s ongoing Multichannel E-Commerce Platform (MEP) Programme, helping them list and sell their products on multiple overseas e-marketplaces.

E-commerce platforms will work with the retailers to curate and list products for up to six months, participate in promotion campaigns, fulfil orders and perform basic data analytics of sales.

Retailers can sign up for the programme with the respective e-commerce platforms directly until 30 September 2020.
 

Join Singapore Business Review community
Since you're here...

...there are many ways you can work with us to advertise your company and connect to your customers. Our team can help you dight and create an advertising campaign, in print and digital, on this website and in print magazine.

We can also organize a real life or digital event for you and find thought leader speakers as well as industry leaders, who could be your potential partners, to join the event. We also run some awards programmes which give you an opportunity to be recognized for your achievements during the year and you can join this as a participant or a sponsor.

Let us help you drive your business forward with a good partnership!

Exclusives

ION Orchard marks 15 years as a premier retail destination
The mall is proactive in conducting surveys to identify trends and optimise its tenant mix.
Retail
ION Orchard leads charge in sustainable takeaway practices
 Shoppers will enjoy discounts when they opt for a reusable mug or food container from Muuse.