133 views
The 308-unit lyf Bugis Singapore [Photo from CLI]

CapitaLand Investment establishes new lodging private fund

The fund has a target equity size of $800m.

CapitaLand Investment Limited (CLI) has established a new lodging private fund with a target equity size of $800m.

The fund, CapitaLand Ascott Residence Asia Fund II (CLARA II), will invest in serviced residences and coliving properties in gateway cities in key developed Asia Pacific markets.

CLARA II is CLI’s second private fund that focuses on the serviced residence and coliving assets and a follow-on fund to the $800m Ascott Serviced Residence Global Fund (ASRGF). 

CLI will hold a 20% sponsor stake in CLARA II. Third-party institutional investors will hold the remaining 80% stake in the fund.

In a bourse filing, CLI said CLARA II had secured its first close with equity commitment by global institutional investors from Europe and Asia.

The fund will also acquire a 50% stake in the 308-unit lyf Bugis Singapore and a 100% stake in the 200-unit lyf Shibuya Tokyo in Japan from Ascott. 
 

Follow the link for more news on

Join Singapore Business Review community
Since you're here...

...there are many ways you can work with us to advertise your company and connect to your customers. Our team can help you dight and create an advertising campaign, in print and digital, on this website and in print magazine.

We can also organize a real life or digital event for you and find thought leader speakers as well as industry leaders, who could be your potential partners, to join the event. We also run some awards programmes which give you an opportunity to be recognized for your achievements during the year and you can join this as a participant or a sponsor.

Let us help you drive your business forward with a good partnership!