181 views
Stock photo.

Keppel to invest $445.3m in German offshore wind farm

The investment will be split between Keppel and its trust unit.

Keppel Corporation Limited and Keppel Infrastructure Trust will jointly invest in a 465MW German offshore wind farm for $445.3m.

The investment will be used to acquire a 50.01% stake in a special purpose vehicle (SPV) that holds 50% of the Borkum Riffgrund 2 (BKR2), an offshore wind farm in Germany

The SPV is currently wholly owned by Gulf International Holding Pte. Ltd., a subsidiary of Gulf Energy Development Public Company Limited (Gulf), one of Thailand’s largest private power producers. Post-acquisition, Gulf will retain a 49.99% stake in the SPV. The remaining 50% stake is owned by Danish-multinational power company Ørsted.

ALSO READ: Business park rents rise 0.2% QoQ

KIT and Keppel will hold an effective stake of approximately 20.5% and 4.5% in BKR2 respectively.

Operating since 2019, BKR2 has an operating capacity of approximately 465 MW and is located 59km off the coast of Lower Saxony in the North Sea, Germany, which is an area with high wind availability as reflected in the high average historical capacity factors of more than 40%. The region is next to the Wadden Sea, an UNESCO World Heritage site. Hence, it is unlikely for wind farms to be built at the Wadden Sea, mitigating potential reduction in wind availability to BKR2.

The investment is expected to be completed in the fourth quarter of 2022.
 

Follow the link for more news on

Join Singapore Business Review community
Since you're here...

...there are many ways you can work with us to advertise your company and connect to your customers. Our team can help you dight and create an advertising campaign, in print and digital, on this website and in print magazine.

We can also organize a real life or digital event for you and find thought leader speakers as well as industry leaders, who could be your potential partners, to join the event. We also run some awards programmes which give you an opportunity to be recognized for your achievements during the year and you can join this as a participant or a sponsor.

Let us help you drive your business forward with a good partnership!

Top News

SIT, DNV ink 3-year partnership on maritime decarbonization and digitalization
The parties will cooperate in three key areas.   The Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) has joined hands with a maritime advisor, DNV, to advance net-zero ambitions in the Lion City’s maritime sector.

Exclusives

Where to invest your millions in real estate
Amongst locations, realtors suggest the Core Central Region.   Individuals seeking shelter in the real estate market amidst the rising inflation must consider three things before deciding where to invest their millions in.   George Tan, managing director of Savills Digital Residential Marketing, said one of these factors is location.    Tan said buyers should consider areas which are highly demanded and well located—easy access to prestigious or international schools, MRT, malls and food and beverage (F&B) establishments. All these will contribute to good rental demand.   PropNex realtor, Andy Lim, echoed this, adding that buyers should particularly invest in properties within one kilometre of the prestigious schools.