MCT appoints former OCBC CEO as new non-executive director
Samuel Tsien led OCBC for nine years.
Mapletree Commercial Trust (MCT) appointed former OCBC chief Samuel Tsien as the company’s non-executive director.
This change took effect on 5 July, MCT said in a bourse statement.
Tsien is also a non-executive director of Mapletree Investments Limited (MIPL), which is the sponsor of MCT and a member of MIPL investment committee.
He is also a non-executive independent director and audit committee member of Jardine Cycle & Carriage, and non-executive non-independent director and risk management committee member of Singapore Exchange Limited.
After serving as OCBC’s CEO and executive director for almost a decade, Tsien retired but was appointed as adviser of the OCBC board until April 2022.
He was also a member of the board of directors of OCBC Wing Hang Bank Limited in Hong Kong SAR. Tsien also served as the senior executive vice president and global head at the Global Corporate Bank of OCBC when he joined the bank in July 2007.
Prior to his roles in OCBC, Tsien was also Bank of America - Asia’s CEO for 11 years, and president and CEO of China Construction Bank Corporation Asia in 2007.
Whilst serving CEO post, Tsien even served as Bank of America Corporation’s executive vice president and Asia commercial and consumer banking group executive for a decade.
MCT also published its composition of the board:
1. Tsang Yam Pui - Non-Executive Chairman and Director
2. Kwa Kim Li - Lead Independent Non-Executive Director and Chairperson of
Nominating and Remuneration Committee
3. Premod P. Thomas - Independent Non-Executive Director and Chairman of Audit and Risk
4. Koh Cheng Chua - Independent Non-Executive Director and Member of Audit and Risk
5. Kan Shik Lum - Independent Non-Executive Director and Member of Nominating and
6. Mak Keat Meng - Independent Non-Executive Director and Member of Audit and Risk
7. Alvin Tay - Independent Non-Executive Director
8. Wu Long Peng - Independent Non-Executive Director and Member of Audit and Risk
9. Samuel N. Tsien - Non-Executive Director
10. Hiew Yoon Khong - Non-Executive Director and Member of Nominating and Remuneration Committee
11. Wendy Koh - Non-Executive Director
12. Amy Ng - Non-Executive Director
13. Sharon Lim - Executive Director and CEO