40,000 cyberattacks hit Singapore during Trump-Kim summit: report | Singapore Business Review - The Latest News, Headlines, Insight, Commentary & Analysis
,Singapore

40,000 cyberattacks hit Singapore during Trump-Kim summit: report

Most targeted were VoIP phones and IoT devices.

Singapore was the top target of cyberattacks around the world during the Trump-Kim summit over 11 to 12 June, security firm F5 Networks and data analysis firm Loryka revealed.

Their data revealed that there were 40,000 cyberattacks launched on Singapore which targeted voice-over-IP (VoIP) phones and Internet of Things (IoT devices). About 92% of those were reconnaissance scans looking for vulnerable devices, whilst the other 8% were exploit attacks.

Russia accounted for 88% of the attacks against Singapore on 12 June 2018, followed by Brazil (2%) and Germany (2%).

“The attack began out of Brazil targeting port SIP 5060, which is used by IP phones to transmit communications in clear text; this was the single most attacked port,” the report said. “The number two attacked port was Telnet, consistent with IoT device attacks that could be leveraged to gain access to or listen in on targets of interest.”

Other ports attacked include the SQL database port 1433, web traffic ports 81 and 8080, port 7541, which was used by Mirai and Annie to target ISP-managed routers, and port 8291, which was targeted by Hajime to PDoS MikroTik routers.

Get Singapore Business Review - The Latest News, Headlines, Insight, Commentary & Analysis in your inbox
Since you're here...

...there are many ways you can work with us to advertise your company and connect to your customers. Our team can help you dight and create an advertising campaign, in print and digital, on this website and in print magazine.

We can also organize a real life or digital event for you and find thought leader speakers as well as industry leaders, who could be your potential partners, to join the event. We also run some awards programmes which give you an opportunity to be recognized for your achievements during the year and you can join this as a participant or a sponsor.

Let us help you drive your business forward with a good partnership!

And SG, US affirm American presence in Southeast Asia as “vital.”
This chart from the inaugural Independent Reserve Cryptocurrency Index shows that more than 50% of Singaporeans believe Bitcoin’s value will increase past $50,000 in 2030.
This included one-off partial distribution of divestment gains of S$20m.
This is attributed to the lower rental reliefs to retail tenants at Festival Walk and higher average occupancy from IXINAL Monzen-nakacho Building.
The Tripartite Committee on Workplace Fairness targets to complete its work by H1 2022.
A total of 811 condos were sold in the last quarter, the highest since Q4 2010.
The SMAs are focused on global infrastructure projects.
The company said their income was driven by its latest acquisitions.
The Jobs Support Scheme has been extended to 18 August.
The bank is now allowing small- and medium-sized enterprises to avail the loan digitally.
Inflation for all items meanwhile remained unchanged at 2.4% YoY.
SMEs that qualify for the UOB Start digital pack will be offered six months of free access.
This was supported by grants extended by the government, such as the Jobs Support Scheme.
The group’s profits after tax ballooned by as much as 138.4%.