174 views

What to expect from gov’t Supply Chain Management talent initiatives

Singapore will create 700 new career openings in the industry.

A new continuing education, training, and skills development programme was launched for supply chain management professionals in Singapore, which are over 70,000.

The new programme stemmed from the findings of the study commissioned by EDB, WSG and the Ministry of Manpower, in partnership with SSG, according to a government statement. 

It will also open up 700 new professionals, managers, executives, and technicians (PMET) jobs in SCM from 2023 to 2025. SCM professionals has a median salary of approximately $5,900, which is higher than the national median salary of $4,6806.

The target learners for the programme include mid-career professionals seeking to acquire industry-relevant skills and knowledge. 

Here are some of the initiatives:

Graduate Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management: SUSS will introduce a new postgraduate programme for 20 students in January 2024. The one-year Graduate Diploma will cover emerging developments in SCM, such as supply chain digitalisation, supply chain analytics and green supply chains, and will involve both academics and senior industry practitioners. 

SkillsFuture Career Transition Programme (SCTP) in Digital Supply Chain: The Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) will launch the first run of SCTP in 2024 targeting mid-careerists who intend to transit to SCM job roles. The programme aims to equip participants with in-demand supply chain competencies. Participants will also develop strategies to enhance supply chain resilience, gain exposure to major applications of supply chain information technology and recognise the significance of innovation and sustainability in the supply chain industry. 

Revamped Work-study Diploma (WSDip) in Logistics and Supply Chain Management: The Institute of Technical Education’s (ITE) WSDip in Logistics and Supply Chain Management course was revamped for its April 2023 intake. The newly-added work-situation-based curriculum focuses on building SCM skills and knowledge in the areas of digitalisation, technologies and innovation, sustainability, data analytics and operational excellence. Industry partners, such as co-training partners, conduct 80% of the OJT training at their workplace, with the remaining 20% being conducted by lecturers from ITE College East. Since its launch in 2019, the industry participation rate has grown from nine to 38 companies. The annual intake of WSDip trainees has also increased from 23 in 2019, to 76 in 2023. 

Career Conversion Programme (CCP) for Supply Chain and Logistics Professionals and Coordinators: This On-The-Job training (OJT) programme was launched in May 2023 to reskill Singaporeans to adapt to growing supply chain careers or redesigned job roles. It covers supply chain planning and development, e-commerce supply chain management, sourcing and procurement, and material supplies management. Companies that hire mid-career individuals or reskill existing employees may receive up to 90% salary support for the CCP duration. 
 

Follow the links for more news on

Join Singapore Business Review community
Since you're here...

...there are many ways you can work with us to advertise your company and connect to your customers. Our team can help you dight and create an advertising campaign, in print and digital, on this website and in print magazine.

We can also organize a real life or digital event for you and find thought leader speakers as well as industry leaders, who could be your potential partners, to join the event. We also run some awards programmes which give you an opportunity to be recognized for your achievements during the year and you can join this as a participant or a sponsor.

Let us help you drive your business forward with a good partnership!