IMAS, AMAOS ink MOU to strengthen cross-border cooperation
The parties will facilitate cross-border cooperation on five focal points.
The Investment Management Association of Singapore (IMAS) and the Asset Management Association of Shanghai (AMAOS) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to strengthen cross-border cooperation between Singapore and Shanghai.
The parties facilitate cross-border cooperation on five focal points:
- Events - Lend support and participate in respective asset management events
- Research - Engage in knowledge sharing of industry research findings
- Communication - Exchange of market intelligence and expertise
- Training - Development of innovative education and training materials
- Collaboration - Explore mutually beneficial collaborations
The MOU reinforces earlier relationship-building efforts by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) with the establishment of a representative office in Shanghai in 2020.
“We have seen the growing importance of Singapore as a gateway for Chinese financial institutions seeking to raise capital and invest across Asia financial markets. This MOU ushers in a new era of collaboration between IMAS and our Chinese counterparts and could pave the way for accelerated growth for two of the largest financial centres in Asia, Shanghai, and Singapore, as well as the broader Asian market,” Carmen Wee, CEO of IMAS, said.