BeyondTrust gains TEA 2020 prize for cyber security and IT services
The cyber security provider has a ‘revolutionary way to secure credentials and manage remote access from the cloud’.
BeyondTrust’s leadership in privileged access management has been achieved on the basis of the company’s goal to promote productivity, efficiency, and security so that its clients can obtain positive results.
The company was honoured at the SBR Technology Excellence Awards 2020 in the Cybersecurity - IT Services category due to the importance of its Cloud Vault solution.
Cloud Vault, which was launched in 2019, enables organisations to secure and inject privileged credentials and manage remote access from the cloud.
As a feature of BeyondTrust’s Privileged Remote Access, Cloud Vault provides fast, essential vaulting capabilities for privileged accounts, from local or domain shared administrator, to a user’s personal admin account—even SSH keys.
Cloud Vault does this by safely storing usernames and passwords for each endpoint. These credentials can be retrieved and injected directly into a session. Detailed and searchable logs and video recordings for each session enable excellent management and vendor access. Thus, clients do not have to worry about misused privileges, compromised remote access, or stolen credentials.
The key features of Cloud Vault are the following:
- Cloud and virtualisation security, which enables users to effectively manage privileged access to business assets that include hypervisor environments, IaaS servers, and configuration interfaces for core network infrastructure. Credential injection also boosts productivity by allowing administrator accounts to access systems, thereby allowing them to save time in tracking down credentials.
- Simplified password management, which allows full management of Windows local and active directory privileged accounts through discovery and automatic rotation. This function allows safe storage, retrieval, and injection of any username/password or SSH key combination that is associated with a specific user or shared administrative account through robust auditing and monitoring
- Privileged session management, which allows end-to-end security for remote access sessions using any device from any location to any endpoint while maintaining the secrecy of privileged passwords.
- Seamless control over privileged accounts and access through tracking, approval, and auditing of accounts and creating a single access pathway, thereby enhancing security and reducing the risk of cyberattacks.
- Audit and compliance through the creation of session forensics based on detailed data in real time or post-session review. Attestation reports are also generated to prove compliance.
In addition, the product has the ability to tunnel all network traffic needed for access to endpoints within a cloud environment over an outbound HTTPS 443 port that limits the firewall rules needed within the cloud environment to be outbound only. Therefore, no inbound firewall rules are needed to allow access to an endpoint within the cloud environment, thereby reducing the complexity of access.
BeyondTrust has been recognised as one of the companies that have effectively applied cloud computing in the delivery of innovative and differentiated solutions and services.
“The Technology Excellence Award inspires the team to continue building on its core values of teamwork, passion, integrity, humility, accountability, and results, so that we can serve the market in the best possible way,” said Gene Ng, Regional Vice President for Asia Pacific and Japan at BeyondTrust. “Having our solution acknowledged with this prestigious award further validates the positive impact our innovative products have on organisations looking to advance their security programs.”
Watch the interview below to know more about their winning project:
The Technology Excellence Awards, presented by Singapore Business Review, was held via video conferencing throughout the first and third week of June.
This year’s nominations were judged by a panel consisting of Daryl Pereira, Head of Cyber at KPMG; Cheang Wai Keat, Head of Advisory Services in Singapore and ASEAN Technology Consulting Leader at Ernst & Young; Chin Chee Choon, Advisory Leader and Assurance Director at Nexia TS; Rizwi Wun, Partner, Acting Head of Intellectual Property and Technology Practice Group at RHTLaw Asia; Carolyn Chin-Parry, Managing Director and Digital Accelerator Leader at PwC.
If you would like to join the 2021 awards and be acclaimed for your company’s exceptional technological innovations, please email Julie Anne Nuñez at [email protected]