More News
FOOD & BEVERAGE | Staff Reporter, Singapore
view(s)

BreadTalk to open first Wu Pao Chun bakery in Singapore in 2019

It will be in Capitol Piazza.

BreadTalk Group’s Shanghai Star Food F&B Management entered into a joint venture (JV) agreement with Taiwanese brand Wu Pao Chun (WPC) Food to operate its bakery brand in Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, and Guangzhou.

Meanwhile, BreadTalk arm Together will get the majority 80% stake in a JV in which WPC will hold the remaining 20% to operate the Wu Pao Chun brand of bakeries in Singapore and Hong Kong.

“It’s our honour to partner BreadTalk Group for the second phase of our international growth plan,” the Taiwan bakery’s founder Wu Pao Chun said. “We learnt key insights from our collaboration with BreadTalk Group since March and look forward to embarking on this successful journey together in Singapore and Hong Kong.” 

According to an announcement, the first Wu Pao Chun bakery under the JV deal is expected to launch in Capitol Piazza by 2019.

“We identified common synergies with WPC and co-invested time, people and resources to ensure the success of our flagship Wu Pao Chun bakery in Shanghai that is scheduled to open in November 2018,” BreadTalk Group chairman Dr George Quek noted. 

Do you know more about this story? Contact us anonymously through this link.

Click here to learn about advertising, content sponsorship, events & rountables, custom media solutions, whitepaper writing, sales leads or eDM opportunities with us.

To get a media kit and information on advertising or sponsoring click here.