SentinelOne receives award for best Cybersecurity – Network solution in Asia Pacific
Singularity Ranger recognized for the ability to map, control, and protect every IoT and connected device on a network.
The new normal has created a global remote workforce that increases the chances of unmanaged IP-enabled devices directly neighbouring enterprise infrastructure. This compromises a company's overall network security—even a compromised printer can become a competitor's home base for reconnaissance and lateral movement. Over time, it can leave the system vulnerable to cyber-attacks and data breaches.
SentinelOne, the autonomous cybersecurity platform company, addresses this risk with Ranger, an integral component of SentinelOne's SingularityTM platform. Singularity is an industry-first data lake that seamlessly fuses the data, access, control, and integration planes of its endpoint protection (EPP), endpoint detection and response (EDR), IoT security, and cloud workload protection (CWPP) into a centralised platform.
With Singularity Ranger IoT achieving client success and recognition, SentinelOne took home the Cybersecurity Award under the network category at Singapore Business Review’s Technology Excellence Awards in 2021.
“Enterprises face thousands of new devices being connected to their networks, often without even knowing -- from TVs to toasters to wearable trackers. The result is more code running on more devices, dramatically expanding the number of potential vulnerabilities for attackers to target,” said Evan Davidson, Vice President for Asia Pacific and Japan at SentinelOne. “Ranger helps enterprises across Asia Pacific proactively resolve threats in real-time by allowing machines to autonomously protect and notify security teams of vulnerabilities, rogue devices, and anomalous behaviour. This recognition validates our commitment to combating today’s most advanced threats across the globe.”
Singularity Ranger turns select endpoint agents into a distributed network sensor. Its patented technology uses AI and machine learning to proactively resolve device-based threats at the site of the cybersecurity battle: the computing and cloud edge. It only uses one platform to prevent, detect, respond, and hunt in the context of all enterprise assets, in real time.
Ranger provides these features:
• Live Network Inventory - Ranger is built into every Sentinel agent that uses policy-based AI to learn the network, fingerprint devices, and deliver up-to-the-minute inventory in seconds.
• Proactive Network Attack Control - Behavioural AI flags unusual device-based communications. Moreover, Ranger protects managed assets with a click and reveals agent deployment gaps.
• Malicious Device Isolation - Patented StorylineTM Technology streamlines investigation of unusual device activities and threat hunting. This feature also protects managed devices from unauthorized devices with just a single click.
• Quantified Ripple20 Exposure - With many devices impractical or impossible to patch, Ripple20 TCP/IP vulnerabilities impact billions of devices worldwide. Ranger reveals Ripple20 exposure in seconds and isolates compromised devices with a single click.
• Easy Implementation - Woven into the Singularity platform, Ranger requires no new agents, network changes, network SPAN, or TAP ports to work. Just turn it on in the SentinelOne management console.
• Global Visibility - It intelligently promotes a few Sentinel agents per subnet for network mapping missions. Elected "Rangers'' use a proprietary hierarchical machine learning model that merges passive and active scanning to efficiently fingerprint devices without burdening the networks. The result is unparalleled visibility throughout the Asia Pacific/Japan region (APJ) and around the world.
• Granular Control - Ranger device inventories reveal what is connected to your network and which communication protocols they use. Users get easy access to known device information via data collected by Rangers, learn which devices can take a Sentinel agent but do not yet have one, and isolate unknown devices by preventing their interaction with devices managed by SentinelOne. Moreover, admins can see how unknown IoT devices are communicating with managed hosts using ActiveEDR® and Deep Visibility.
SentinelOne is the only cybersecurity solution encompassing AI-powered prevention, detection, response and hunting across endpoints, containers, cloud workloads, and IoT devices in a single autonomous XDR platform. With SentinelOne, organizations gain full transparency into everything happening across the network at machine speed – to defeat every attack, at every stage of the threat lifecycle. To learn more visit www.sentinelone.com or follow us at @SentinelOne, on LinkedIn or Facebook.
The Technology Excellence Awards, presented by Singapore Business Review, was held via studio award presentations and video conferencing sessions throughout the second and third week of April.
This year’s nominations were judged by a panel consisting of Daryl Pereira, Head of Cyber at KPMG; Cheang Wai Keat, Partner, Consulting at Ernst & Young Advisory Pte. Ltd.; Henry Tan, Group Chief Executive Officer and Chief Innovation Officer at Nexia TS; Sivakumar Saravan, Senior Partner at Crowe Singapore; Cecil Su, Director, Head of Cybersecurity of BDO Singapore.
If you would like to join the 2022 awards and be acclaimed for your company’s exceptional technological innovations, please email Jane Patiag at email@example.com.