More News
ENERGY & OFFSHORE | Staff Reporter, Singapore
view(s)

Bangladesh-owned power firm injects $17.07m in Sembcorp North-West Power Company

This is funding the ongoing construction of the Sirajganj Unit 4 power plant.

Sembcorp Industries' (Sembcorp) project company Sembcorp North-West Power Company has received a $17.07m (US$12.8m) investment from Bangladesh's power generation company North-West Power Generation Company (NWPGC). The company is developing the Sirajganj Unit 4 power project in Bangladesh.

According to an announcement, NWPGC has taken up a 17% stake in Sembcorp North-West Power Company, with the remaining 83% effectively owned by Sembcorp.

"NWPGC’s equity injection was made at par value of the shares, in accordance with a shareholders’ agreement between NWPGC and Sembcorp’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Sembcorp Utilities. This sum would go towards funding the ongoing construction of the Sirajganj Unit 4 power plant," Sembcorp said.

The company noted that NWPGC plans to make further equity injection(s) by the end of this year, which will result in Sembcorp North-West Power Company being 71% owned by Sembcorp and 29% by NWPGC.

Do you know more about this story? Contact us anonymously through this link.

Click here to learn about advertising, content sponsorship, events & rountables, custom media solutions, whitepaper writing, sales leads or eDM opportunities with us.

To get a media kit and information on advertising or sponsoring click here.