HR & EDUCATION | Staff Reporter, Singapore

Work eligibility for dependant's pass holders cut

Dependant's pass holders must apply for work passes by May 2021.

Dependant's pass (DP) holders, or those sponsored by family or companies registered in Singapore, will soon need to apply for work passes.

“From 1 May 2021, DP holders who wish to work during their stay in Singapore will be directed to apply for a relevant work pass, such as an EP, S Pass or Work Permit,” Minister of Manpower Josephine Teo said in a speech on 3 March.

“We will provide sufficient time for existing DP holders working on an LOC, as well as their employers, to transit to this new arrangement. Most of them meet prevailing work pass criteria. Those that do not will have to cease working in Singapore,” she added. 

Teo noted that a majority of DP holders are not employed during their stay in Singapore.

Currently, the immediate family of employment pass holders, entre pass or personalised employment pass holders, and those sponsored by Singapore-registered companies, can work in the Lion City through a letter of consent.

Do you know more about this story? Contact us anonymously through this link.

Click here to learn about advertising, content sponsorship, events & rountables, custom media solutions, whitepaper writing, sales leads or eDM opportunities with us.

To get a media kit and information on advertising or sponsoring click here.