Which industries can expect pay raises in 2023?
Robert Walters cited 3 industries where most businesses will impose an increase.
Several industries will raise salaries in 2023, but amongst all, Supply Chain & Procurement, Accounting & Finance, and Banking & Financial Services are the most likely to impose an increase.
According to Robert Walters, the percentage of businesses that will give pay increases next year are 88%, 87%, and 85%, respectively.
Employees in the Tech & Transformation (73%), Human Resources (84%), and Sales & Marketing (81%) industries can also expect increases next year as most businesses in these sectors plan to give pay rises.
In these industries where employees can expect pay hikes, the most in-demand professions are the following:
- Technology & Transformation: Software developers/Data & Analytics/ Cloud Automation & Cyber Security, Digital Transformation (SMEs), Agile Coaches/Scrum Master
- Banking & Financial Services: Finance Manager (Fund/ Private Equity), Investment operations, Compliance Data Analytics
- Commerce Finance: Finance business partners at various levels, Analytics Finance Project Professionals, Automation/ process improvement roles
- Human Resources: Talent Acquisition/ Recruitment Specialist, Executive Assistant, Office Manager, Secretarial, HR Business Partners
- Sales & Marketing: Business Development and Sales/Account Management, E-commerce Sales & Marketing, Digital and Content Creation Marketing
- Supply Chain & Procurement: Supply Chain and Procurement Centre of Excellence (COE), Global Logistics Manager, Demand Planners and Order Fulfilment/Customer Service Specialists.