SBR lauds top executives and teams at Management Excellence Awards 2022
More than 40 companies were awarded in the awards programme’s 8th year
As companies emerge from the effects of the pandemic and recent supply chain disruption that caused chaos within many industries, leaders have had to make tough decisions on the direction their company would take, as the challenging market conditions require more work and effort in order to thrive and survive.
The 8th SBR Management Excellence Awards commended the outstanding performances of executives, teams, and companies and initiatives that have brought tangible achievements for businesses. Innovators and their revolutionary ideas that have brought the future of doing business into the present were also celebrated, as over 40 executives and teams were awarded in their respective industries.
Apart from just initiatives that aimed to bring businesses success, companies and their employee engagements and COVID management initiatives that have left a lasting positive impact on their workforce were also honoured for their exceptional strides.
Industries such as banking and finance, real estate, insurance, retail, and healthcare were well-represented by the winning companies, which were awarded last November 17 at the Shangri-la Singapore with over 300 attendees.
Nominations were screened under the meticulous eyes of this year’s distinguished judges, made up of Wai Keat Cheang, Partner, Consulting at Ernst & Young Advisory Pte. Ltd; Seah Gek Choo, Boardroom Program Leader and Talent Leader at Deloitte Southeast Asia; Roger Loo, Executive Director of Management Consulting at BDO LLP; and Irving Low, Co-Head of Advisory at KPMG Singapore.
Congratulations to the winners!
SBR MANAGEMENT EXCELLENCE AWARDS 2022
Executive of the Year
- Advertising - Pieter-Jan de Kroon, Entravision Mediadonuts
- Beauty & Cosmetics - Isabelle Lim, L’Oréal Group
- Biotechnology - Johnson Wang, GenScript Biotech
- Building Services & Facilities - Helen Ng, General Storage Company Pte. Ltd.
- Computer Software - Darryl Long, Ubisoft Singapore
- Conglomerates - Dato' Colin Tan, Hatten Land Limited
- Education - Tan Aik Na, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Electronic Manufacturing - Geoffrey Maroun Akiki, Hoya Electronics Singapore Pte Ltd
- Energy - Mansi Madan Tripathy, Shell Eastern Petroleum (Pte) Ltd
- FMCG - Umesh Shah, Unilever
- Food & Beverage - Benjamin Boh, Hanbaobao Pte Ltd (McDonald’s Singapore)
- General Insurance - Hicham Raissi, Allianz Insurance Singapore Pte. Ltd.
- Health Insurance - Moses Hee, MiCare HealthTech Holdings Pte Ltd
- Healthcare Technology - Kenneth Daniel Tan, Varian
- Hospitality & Leisure - Arthur Kiong, Far East Hospitality
- Insurtech - Rob Schimek, bolttech
- IT Services - Gary Steele, TES - Sustainable Technology Lifecycle Solutions
- Life Insurance - Melita Teo, AIA Singapore
- Manufacturing - Jacky Chan, Watson-Marlow Pte Ltd
- Marine Services - Gabriel Hong, RMS Marine & Offshore Service (Singapore) Pte Ltd
- Pharmaceuticals - Maurizio Luongo, Menarini Asia-Pacific
- Power Technology - Jimmy Yam, Eaton
- Real Estate - Chris Marriott, Savills (Singapore) Pte. Ltd
- Real Estate Agency - Marcus Chu, ERA Realty Network Pte Ltd
- Retail - Tony Heng, Stellar Lifestyle Pte Ltd
Innovator of the Year
- Beauty & Cosmetics - Project Chinampas Team, L’Oréal Singapore & Ground-up Innovation Labs For Development (GUILD)
- Brand Marketing - Christian Ozzati, Brown Forman
- Electronics - Mac Zhang, AEM Holdings Ltd
- Environmental Services - Alan Yap, Sally Lai, Ashvin Salva, Rentokil Initial
- Financial Technology - Xero
Team of the Year
- Advertising - Yahoo SEA, Yahoo
- Asset Management - HR Department, Sun Venture Pte Ltd
- Data Center - PDG SG1 Team, Princeton Digital Group
- Education - NTU, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Electronics - AEM CMOS Image Sensor (CIS) Team, AEM Holdings Ltd
- Healthcare Technology - Guardant Health AMEA
- Hospitality & Leisure - Sales & Marketing Team, Pan Pacific Hotels Group
- Manufacturing - HP Indigo Singapore, HP Singapore (Private) Limited
- Pharmaceuticals - Deal Team, Menarini Asia-Pacific
- Real Estate Investment - Savills Investment Sales & Capital Markets Team, Savills (Singapore) Pte. Ltd
- Transportation - EVCo
COVID Management Initiative of the Year
- Banking - Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB)
- Financial Services - IPC Systems, Inc.
- Food & Beverage - Hanbaobao Pte Ltd (McDonald’s Singapore)
Employee Engagement of the Year
- Banking - CIMB Bank Berhad, Singapore Branch
- Manufacturing - Watson-Marlow Pte Ltd
- Media & Entertainment - Ubisoft Singapore
The SBR Management Excellence Awards is presented by Singapore Business Review Magazine. If you want to join the 2023 awards programme and be acclaimed for your company's employee engagements and management initiatives, please contact Julie Anne Nuñez at [email protected].